There’s no magic pill for losing weight and keeping it off…
But special dietary fibers called prebiotics come pretty close.
By transforming and sustaining your gut microbiome, prebiotics can dramatically shift everything from your cravings to your body’s fat storage system. And while a big part of prebiotics’ effectiveness comes from their impact on your gut, they do so much more…
In fact, prebiotics alone can boost your weight loss efforts AND help you maintain your ideal weight for the long haul.
Prebiotics Create a Diet-Friendly Gut
You can’t reach your ideal weight if your gut microbiome is out of balance – And the main microbial culprit? A condition called dysbiosis where the harmful pathogens in your gut outnumber beneficial probiotic bacteria.
Those pathogens undermine your weight loss plans and make it much easier to pack on pounds. Dysbiosis may be one of the main reasons you’re feeling so frustrated – like you can’t lose weight no matter what you do. Because even if you’re consuming fewer calories, when pathogens have the power, they can actually change how your body holds on to those calories.
That’s why getting your gut microbiome back in healthy balance can change everything, making it easier to lose weight and keep it off.
But here’s the catch: You can’t address dysbiosis or can’t maintain a healthy, balanced gut microbiome without prebiotics. That’s because the right prebiotics can selectively support and nourish your probiotic bacteria, giving them the edge in your gut microbiome. And when beneficial probiotic bacteria dominate your gut, everything you’re doing to reach your weight (and overall health) goals works better.
5 Ways PREbiotics Promote Your Healthiest Weight
By keeping your gut microbiome well balanced and supplying their own extra benefits, prebiotics support your weight loss efforts in five important ways.
- Shift metabolism to fat burning: Prebiotics help activate your body’s fat-burning mode. In this metabolic state, your body starts to use fat for fuel. And that shift can help you burn off more unwanted body fat.
- Reduced fat storage: Prebiotics help your body manage fat-storing hormones such as leptin and insulin. When these hormones run wild, your body thinks it needs to store more energy in your fat cells – and that leads to increased body weight. Prebiotics help keep these hormones under expert control, thereby reducing your body’s fat storage.
- Hunger hormone management: When your body needs fuel, it sends out ghrelin – the hunger hormone – to make you want to eat. And when you’ve had enough, the satiety (or “I’m full”) hormones take over. Prebiotics help limit ghrelin and increase satiety hormones so you feel full more quickly, an important part of weight management.
- Craving control: Prebiotics help control cravings for sugary, fatty foods in two very important ways. First, because prebiotics are a kind of fiber, they help you feel filled up and less hungry. Second, they help crowd out populations of sugar-demanding pathogens. At the same time, prebiotics support the growth of specific types of probiotic bacteria that signal your brain to make healthier food choices.
- Short chain fatty acid (SCFA) production: Your beneficial bacteria transform prebiotics in your gut into SCFAs. These special compounds play a huge part in keeping you at your ideal weight by affecting appetite regulation and healthy energy balance.
By simply adding prebiotics to your daily routine, you’ll find it easier to reach your summer weight goals. But it’s important to make sure you’re choosing the right ones...
Not All Prebiotics Are Created Equal
There are many different types of prebiotics, but they don’t all provide the same benefits.
Some kinds of prebiotics – such as oligofructose and inulin – tend to cause gas, bloating, and abdominal discomfort, especially when you first start using them. That makes it much harder to stick with them, which can undermine your efforts.
Even worse, these popular prebiotics can also feed and fuel pathogens, making it harder for your beneficial bacteria to keep your gut in healthy balance.
Other prebiotics like GOS, FOS, and XOS don't cause gut distress, so they’re easier to tolerate. Plus, GOS, FOS, and XOS specifically feed ONLY the most important beneficial bacteria in your microbiome. And when it comes to your ideal weight, studies show that:
- GOS helps support healthy appetite and food intake, especially in overweight adults
- FOS significantly helps maintain optimal body mass index (BMI), percent body fat, and body weight in college students
- XOS helps drive healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels – two important factors in overall wellness and healthy weight management
Bottom line: The right prebiotics can help you hit your weight goals, keep your gut microbiome in healthy balance, and support your overall health.
Support Healthy Weight Management with Just Thrive
Just Thrive Precision PREbiotic can be an important part of your weight management plan along with a healthy diet, great sleep, and regular activity.
Just Thrive Precision PREbiotic contains three clinically studied prebiotics:
- Galactooligosaccharides (GOS)
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Xylooligosaccharides (XOS)
These specialized strains have been proven to only fuel your beneficial bacteria, helping you maintain a balanced gut and optimal body mass.