Your body is under constant attack from bacteria, viruses, and other harmful substances – and your digestive system is their favorite way in.
Everyday foods bring germs and toxins along with them, like bacteria (like salmonella or E. coli) and mold. And even the digestive process itself releases certain toxins (called LPS toxins).
Luckily, your body has an army of special proteins called immunoglobulins (also called antibodies) to make sure those invaders can’t do any harm. And the most active fighters are called immunoglobulin G, or IgG.
IgG antibodies quickly lock onto a wide variety of harmful substances (also called antigens) (learn more here)
- LPS toxins
IgG acts like a detoxifier, grabbing those antigens and escorting them out of your body before they cause damage.
Sometimes, though, your gut can get overwhelmed by a build-up of antigens. That can kick off an immune system cycle that increases inflammation and attacks the protective lining inside your gut – and that feels as bad as it sounds.
But you can give your gut a steady, healthy IgG boost. And when you supply your gut with all the IgG it needs, you’ll feel the difference every day.
When There’s Not Enough IgG
With plentiful supplies of toxin-taming IgG in your gut, antigens can’t cause intestinal distress and inflammation. They can’t attack and damage the protective barrier that lines your gut. And since that barrier acts as one of your strongest defenders against disease, all sorts of problems can crop up when it’s damaged – a condition known as leaky gut.
A weakened gut barrier can let pathogens (like bacteria and viruses) and toxins escape into your bloodstream. That’s called toxic streaming, and it can cause all sorts of health issues... in your gut and throughout your whole body. That can lead to a lot of discomfort, like
- Abdominal pain
- Weight gain
But provide your gut with a steady supply of IgG, and everything turns around.
7 Reasons Your Gut Loves IgG
IgG does so much to improve and maintain gut health – and that boosts overall physical and mental health as well. That’s why you need to make sure your gut gets a steady supply of IgG.
So what exactly will IgG do for your gut? The seven most important contributions include:
- Neutralizing and removing toxins. IgG latches on to a wide variety of germs and toxins, making them harmless and then carrying them out of your body (through excretion). Those pathogens could otherwise damage the intestinal lining – the gut barrier that makes sure toxins don’t escape into your bloodstream. By neutralizing them, IgG acts as a pre-detoxifier, never giving antigens the chance to do their worst.
- Increases tolerant immune cells. Your immune system has many different weapons, and they act in different ways. Tolerant immune cells (like CD4 cells) don’t react when they’re not supposed. They tolerate non-harmful cells, rather than over-reacting and attacking them. Tolerant cells don’t go after your body’s own cells or other non-toxic substances, causing a big reaction (like an autoimmune disease or allergy) that isn’t necessary. IgG helps increase your body’s supply of these tolerant immune cells – the ones you want fighting on your side.
- Decreases inflammatory immune cells. Other immune cells create inflammation, which can be helpful when it’s necessary (like to fight off an infection) but very harmful when it’s not. Over-reactive inflammatory immune cells attack the gut barrier and cause chronic inflammation throughout the body, which can trigger many diseases and autoimmune conditions. IgG helps keep those inflammatory immune cells under control.
- Improves intestinal function. Your intestines – your gut – play a key role in digestion and nutrient absorption. IgG helps smooth out the way food moves through the digestive system (an activity called peristalsis). IgG also helps release special enzymes and bile acids that help break down food and release nutrients.
- Rebuilds, repairs, and fortifies the gut barrier. When it comes to gut health and total health, your gut barrier may be your most important defense against infectious and toxic pathogens. Not only does IgG protect that crucial barrier against new damage, it can also repair and reverse existing damage.
- Stops toxic streaming. Lipopolysaccharides, also called LPS Toxins, are virtually impossible to avoid entirely. And when LPS toxins overwhelm your gut and attack the gut barrier – causing leaky gut – they escape into your blood stream, a condition called toxic streaming. That’s where IgG comes to the rescue – IgG antibodies disarm LPS toxins, tie them up, and drag them out of your system (through excretion). Because IgG stops LPS toxins cold, it also stops toxic streaming.
- Helps restore a healthy, balanced gut microbiome. IgG knocks out pathogenic bacteria, and that includes gut bacteria. Your gut microbiome is made up of trillions of bacteria, both beneficial (probiotics) and harmful (pathogens). IgG helps keep your gut microbiome in a healthy balance by making sure bad bacteria don’t grow out of control, and supporting good bacteria so they can thrive.
Your Wallet Will Love IgG, Too
A startling study found that people with IBD who added IgG supplements into their regimen saved (on average) $1,692 on medication over 8 weeks. And the savings were even more dramatic for people whose medicine wasn’t working well for them – they were able to save (on average) $5,077 over 8 weeks simply by taking IgG.
Why You’ll Love IgG
IgG offers up so many benefits for your gut health… and it can improve your whole life, too. By repairing and strengthening your gut barrier and improving gut function, IgG helps eliminate some very unpleasant GI (gastrointestinal) issues.
show that supplementing with serum-derived bovine IgG (a special, highly absorbable form of IgG) can:
- Improve stool consistency (so it’s not too hard or too watery)
- Make it easier to pass stool
- Normalize stool frequency
- Ease abdominal pain
- Relieve gas and bloating
- Minimize loose stools and urgency
- Reduce nausea
- Reduce discomfort when eating
On top of all that, because IgG offers so many gut benefits, people who supplement with it report great improvements in their quality of life.
Give Your Gut the IgG It Needs
You can boost your gut’s natural IgG army with Just Thrive Ultimate IgG.
Just Thrive Ultimate IgG supports a strong, healthy gut barrier and fortifies your body’s supply of crucial antibodies to fight off unwanted invaders.
Learn more about Just Thrive Ultimate IgG today.