Beneficial bacteria play an essential role in our health and well-being. Thanks to the Human Microbiome Project (HMP), whose initial results were released at the end of 2012, we’re learning the true nature of that relationship. First and foremost, we’re more bacteria than human – 100 trillion bacteria cells vs. 10 trillion human cells!
In addition, the initial phase of the HMP reported:
- There are more than 1,000 different species of organisms working together in the gastrointestinal tract out of 35,000 possible species
- No two individuals have the exact same composition, not even twins.
- Disease is associated with the disruption in the gastrointestinal ecology.
- Scientists were able to confirm that alterations in the microbiome are associated with chronic disease states, helping us to understand that our overall health and well-being is closely tied to the health and well-being of our digestive tracts.
- To understand the true significance of what these critical passengers do for us and where they came from, we have to take a quick look back at our history with probiotic bacteria.
That’s why Just Thrive is so critical to your overall health…it’s a true probiotic that can truly change your life!
Interview: “The 411 on Probiotics” with Naturally Savvy
>> CLICK HERE TO LISTEN NOW > CLICK HERE TO LISTEN...
VIDEO: Microbiologist Kiran Krishnan on Probiotics and Metabolism
How do probiotics affect your metabolism? Why is it important to make sure that the probiotics you take are SPORE probiotics? And how do spore probiotics positively affect your metabolism? In this video, Just Thrive microbiologist Kiran Krishnan gives the answers......
Immune Support: What Spore Probiotics Do that NO Medication, Herbs or Conventional Probiotics Can!
By Joanie Blaxter, Weston A. Price Chapter Leader, California Do you know why digestive problems go hand-in-hand with a lowered immune response? Location, location, location! Our gut bacteria and immune system are both in the same area of the body – the...
Groundbreaking Study on Healing Leaky Gut With the Strains Used in Just Thrive Probiotic
We are SO PROUD to present this groundbreaking study on the strains used in Just Thrive Probiotic (published August 15th, 2017 in The World Journal of Gastrointestinal Pathophysiology). This is the first time that a probiotic has been shown to significantly reduce...
The Link Between Gut Health and Heart Health
Heal Your Gut, Help Your Heart In spirit of February being Heart Health Month, we’d like to shine a spotlight on the link between gut health and heart health - a very real and very important reason to start caring for your gut as soon as...
Immune Health & Probiotics
Over 80% of our immune system is found in our intestines – which is why optimal gut health is in direct correlation to optimal overall health. Another unique feature of Just Thrive is that the strains used in Just Thrive come alive and they begin by...
The post The Human Microbiome Project appeared first on Thrive Probiotic.