You’re well aware of the drill by now:
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Avoid spaces that are closed or crowded
- Social distance
But there’s one additional safety measure that should be on your radar:
Keep your gut microbiome in balance.
Though it gets much less media fanfare, making gut health a priority is without question one of the most important things you can do to keep yourself healthy… especially in this time of global pandemic.
Your gut holds the key to an effective immune response. But if your gut is out of balance, your immune system stands little chance of mounting a strong defense against anything serious.
Luckily, your gut health is one thing you have great control over.
With the right support and supplementation, you can proactively take charge of your gut microbiome and get it in healthy balance… So you can feel your healthiest and most protected!
11 Ways a Balanced Gut Keeps You Healthy
Your gut microbiome contains trillions of bacteria… some beneficial, and some harmful.
The beneficial bacteria – probiotics – vastly outnumber the harmful bacteria (pathogens) when your gut microbiome is in healthy balance. And those probiotics work around the clock to keep you strong, secure, and alive. In fact, you can’t stay healthy without them.
When in optimal balance, a healthy gut microbiome full of beneficial bacteria:
- Teaches your immune system to recognize and fight invaders
- Gets rid of infectious bacteria and viruses by either killing them off or crowding them out
- May decrease the severity and duration of respiratory infections (
- Keeps pro-inflammatory compounds under control
- Stops cytokine storms – overblown inflammatory responses – from attacking you
- Guards against leaky gut, which can lead to more severe infections when you get sick
- Keeps your lungs breathing deeply and freely (link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662166/)
- Produces SCFAs (short chain fatty acids) that your body needs for a healthy inflammatory response, especially in your airways
- Creates surfactin, a powerful compound that deactivates viruses
- Produces essential nutrients including B vitamins and vitamin K, which help your body fight infections
- Helps reduce disease severity if you do get sick
But all of those benefits disappear when your gut microbiome is out of balance. Even worse, when pathogens outweigh the probiotic bacteria, your immune system has to work extra hard… And can make beating infections all the more difficult.
An Unbalanced Gut Fuels Infections
When your gut microbiome is out of balance – a condition called dysbiosis – you’ll be more likely to get sick… have more severe symptoms… stay sick longer… and face more obstacles to getting better.
With dysbiosis, harmful pathogenic bacteria outnumber probiotic bacteria. And not only do those harmful bacteria prevent probiotics from keeping you healthy, but pathogens actively work to infect you.
Unfortunately, there are several ways that pathogens can make you sick, including:
- Triggering inflammatory compounds
- Producing lipopolysaccharides, also called LPS toxins, that cause widespread damage throughout the body
- Causing leaky gut, which allows LPS toxins to escape into your bloodstream and infect any cell or organ in the body
- Impairing proper immune system responses
- Increasing the severity of respiratory infections
- Keeping you feeling sick and suffering symptoms, even after an infection has resolved
Numerous studies have linked dysbiosis with a wide range of diseases and poor disease outcomes.
Here’s just a small list of the many problems that dysbiosis plays a part in:
- Lung diseases, from asthma to COPD to lung cancer
- Respiratory tract infections
- Sepsis – an extreme immune reaction to infection that sets off a chain of destruction throughout the body
- Autoimmune conditions such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
You can see how an unbalanced gut microbiome increases your risk of infection and makes it harder to recover when you do fall ill. That’s why it’s so important… especially now… to keep your gut microbiome in healthy balance.
How to Get – And Keep – Your Gut in Healthy Balance
You want to keep your gut balanced all the time… especially during cold and flu season… and even more when facing a global pandemic. And the best way to do that is with clinically verified spore probiotics.
Unlike the regular probiotics you can pick up in the store, spore probiotics arrive 100% alive in your gut. Particular spore strains can withstand extreme temperatures – hot and cold, stomach acid, digestive enzymes, and practically anything else you can throw at them.
That’s because they naturally have a protective endospore shell that doesn’t come off until they reach their “happy place,” – your gut microbiome. And when you’re looking for a way to drive healthy gut balance and ditch dysbiosis, you NEED probiotics that actually make it to the battlefield… ready to fight.
Keep Your Gut – and Yourself – In Healthy Balance with Just Thrive
You can count on Just Thrive Probiotic for gut microbiome support every day. Just Thrive Probiotic contains four clinically studied spore probiotics that work together to balance your gut microbiome:
- Bacillus indicus HU36 produces several key antioxidants, such as lycopene and astaxanthin, that support immunity and drive immune function
- Bacillus subtilis HU58 produces several compounds that help neutralize pathogens
- Bacillus coagulans helps manage harmful bacteria and supports immune system function.
- Bacillus clausii helps regulate immunity and directs immune cell function.
And when your gut microbiome is in healthy balance, probiotic gut bacteria can deliver all of the benefits that your body relies on to stay in great shape.
Let Just Thrive Probiotic keep your gut microbiome in balance… and give you and those you love a fighting chance.