Only $99.00 away from free shipping!
The Secret to a Happy, Healthy Flu Season
Holiday season is approaching… and that means it’s time for flu season, too.
After too much time spent at home, away from family, this year promises to be one of reconnection. For many of us, that means travel. So we’ll be back around crowds, and at higher risk for catching whatever happens to be circulating.
You want to see everybody, but you also don’t want you and your family to get sick. So how can you stay well through the coming months?
Read on to learn how you can supply your immune system with the direct support it needs to keep you safe and healthy.
A Dreadful Flu Season Predicted
Last year, flu season made barely a blip – flu cases were at an all-time low for the entirety of the 2020-2021 season. This year, however, the CDC warns that the U.S. could be in for an especially severe flu season that could affect millions of Americans.
The CDC recommends that everyone get a flu shot. These flu injections are designed to protect against the influenza viruses that research indicates will be most common during the upcoming season. All flu shot in the United States are “quadrivalent” vaccines, which means they protect against four different flu viruses: an influenza A(H1N1) virus, an influenza A(H3N2) virus, and two influenza B viruses.
That said, between last year’s practically non-existent flu season and the very mild current flu season in the Southern Hemisphere, health experts aren’t certain as to which strains should be included in this year’s shot.
Whether you choose a flu shot or not, you do have options when it comes to your health. This (and every) year, two of your most powerful weapons for staying protected are common sense and a full supported immune system.
Sidestepping the Flu
You probably know most of the common sense methods for steering clear of seasonal colds and flu: wash your hands, wear a mask in crowded indoor areas, and try to keep your distance from people showing symptoms.
Additional strategies that you can add to your stay-healthy toolbelt include:
- Abstaining from refined sugar
- Avoiding processed foods
- Getting plenty of sleep (7-8 hours a night)
- Safely connecting with friends to support physical and emotional wellbeing
Unfortunately, you can’t always do those things practically speaking. And cold and flu germs can attack without warning. So you’ll still want to take care of your immune system… so that it can take good care of you.
To do that, you need to provide your immune system with nutrients and botanicals that support its balance and function without pushing it over the edge. Among the best and most well-researched options are:
- Specific essential minerals
- Targeted polyphenols
- A unique yeast (yes, yeast!) extract
Sound simple? When you choose your support wisely, it most certainly can be. And, the more assistance you give your immune system, the better chance you have of staying one step ahead of flu season.
Two Essential Minerals For Fantastic Immune Function
Vitamin C and D are of course important to everyday health and vitality. However, a resilient immune system requires more.
Two essential minerals that don’t get as much attention as they deserve, but are crucial for immune function are zinc and selenium. Without these two potent system fortifiers, your immune system simply cannot function properly… and can’t fight off the bad guys you’re exposed to everyday.
Here’s the bad news: Infections drain your body’s zinc and selenium supplies and that can leave you even more vulnerable to whatever’s going around.
But here’s the good news: When you know where to look, getting adequate zinc and selenium is easy, AND can help keep you healthy in a number of different ways:
- Zinc directly encourages your immune system’s most powerful attack team
- Zinc has been proven to be an especially important immune resource, especially in older people
- Zinc helps your immune system figure out how to respond more effectively
- Selenium helps activate the initiate immune system (the first line of defense) and supports a balanced immune response
- Selenium is rich in antioxidants, helps regulate oxidative stress, and is involved in countless cellular processes in nearly all tissues and cell types
- Selenium’s formidable free radical scavenging abilities make it an important supporter of your immune, cognitive, endocrine, and cardiovascular system!
You can see how this mineral dream team helps keep you healthy and protected. And when you add polyphenols into the mix, you’ll be giving your immune system even more support.
Super-Powered Polyphenols Offer Protection
When it comes to encouraging your immune system to be its most resilient, you can’t do better than Mother Nature’s potent plant chemicals called polyphenols. But with thousands of polyphenols to choose from, you want to make sure you choose the right ones for maximum immune support.
Along with activating key immune cells and supplying unrivaled antioxidant protection, many polyphenols also deliver reliable seasonal support. To get the very best from your immune system, though, you’ll want to turn to two proven powerhouses: echinacea and pomegranate.
Echinacea, one of the most widely used immune-friendly herbs on earth, comes packed with potent polyphenols. This familiar botanical is a favorite among natural and traditional medicine practitioners because it supports immune health in a variety of ways, including:
- Activating crucial immune cells, such as NK (natural killer) cells
- Neutralizing seasonal bad guys
- Supports the growth of white blood cells in your body, which are necessary to fight infection
- Discourages the replication of unwanted microbial guests
- Encourages necessary immune system responses while reining in potential immune overreactions
Pomegranate contains a wealth of highly bioactive polyphenols – including a unique variety called punicalagins – that offer superior antioxidant and immune-supporting powers. Research shows that pomegranate polyphenols in particular:
- Support healthy inflammatory responses
- Are adept at showing bad guys the door
- Drive microbial diversity (more beneficial bacteria = a healthier you!)
As you can see, this pair of powerful polyphenols works overtime to offer steady immune system support.
Epicor® Delivers Immune-Supportive Compounds
You may never have heard of Epicor, but it absolutely must be on your immune health radar. This fermented whole food supplement (known as a “postbiotic”) is derived from a special yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, that goes through a special fermentation and drying processes. (This process allows it to be vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.)
It contains a multitude of immune-supporting compounds such as proteins, peptides, antioxidants, polyphenols, organic acids, and nucleotides (the building block of DNA and RNA.)
Even better – Epicor has been the subject of 15 scientific studies, including 8 human clinical trials – all demonstrating its effectiveness in supporting optimal digestive function and a healthy immune system. Though it can only be found in a few wellness supplements, when taken daily, EpiCor® postbiotic has been shown to be a safe and effective way to help you live more healthy days all year long.
Support Seasonal Wellness with Just Thrive Immunity Plus
Your immune system can count on round-the-clock support with Just Thrive Immunity Plus.
Packed with supportive nutrients and botanicals, Just Thrive Immunity Plus delivers what your immune system needs to help you stay healthy every day.
Each capsule of Just Thrive Immunity Plus contains:
- Zinc, needed for proper immune system function and response
- Selenium, a powerful antioxidant that keeps your immune system going strong
- Echinacea, the classic favorite immune-supporting herb
- Pomanox® Pomegranate Extract, which contains 300% more polyphenols than red wine or green tea
- Epicor®, shown in 8 human clinical trials to deliver significant support when you need it most
Enjoy a happy, healthy season with Just Thrive Immunity Plus.