Only $99.00 away from free shipping!
Crustless Probiotic Quiche + Virgin “Mom-Mosas”
Guest recipe and blog by Kaili / @measuremewhole
Hello there friend!
Sharing the latest and greatest from the Measure Me Whole kitchen this week with an extra special gut healthy twist.
This year I am celebrating my very first Mother’s Day with my sweet and healthy little boy, Bennett. I cannot emphasize the word healthy enough. You see, two years ago I struggled and wondered if I would ever have the opportunity to celebrate Mother’s Day as a mother and not just a spectator.
My health had declined significantly after getting married in 2017. Between a horrid IUD experience, a PCOS diagnosis as well as grappling with some unhealthy lifestyle habits, my body struggled to get pregnant.
I truly thought that I would never have the opportunity to celebrate such a sweet day as a mom. So this year is extra special to me.
I wanted to welcome this new holiday with an extra special recipe that’s not only a total brunch party crowd pleaser, but one that can aid in your gut health.
As mother’s it is our duty to not only raise our children to be well rounded, kind individuals but to also set an example of what a healthy lifestyle looks like. The best way to do this is by introducing natural food sources in a fun and flavorful way.
Cue my sweet and savory crustless quiche. This recipe is packed with delicious in season veggies, lean protein and all of the brunch vibes. I’ve incorporated my favorite probiotic capsules from Just Thrive to make this recipe even more well rounded and powerfully gut-supporting.
And just to make this Mother’s Day brunch recipe even much better, I even created some gut healthy virgin Mom-Mosas. Scroll for the full recipe. Happy brunching friends!
Kaili / @measuremewhole
Creating Your Crustless Probiotic Quiche + Virgin “Mom-Mosas”
Crustless Quiche Ingredients:
📍 2 medium / large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
📍 4 mini peppers or 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
📍 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
📍 2 cups of baby spinach
📍 1 lb of ground chicken
Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning Ingredients:
📍 2 tsp poultry seasoning
📍 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
📍 1/4 tsp black pepper
📍 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
📍 1/8 tsp allspice
📍 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
📍 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
📍 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
📍 10 large eggs
📍 3/4 cup of unsweetened dairy free milk
📍 2 Just Thrive Probiotic capsules
📍 All natural orange juice
📍 Sparkling mineral water (topo chico works best)
📍 Just Thrive probiotic capsules
Directions for the Quiche:
1. Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes into circular slices. If you have a mandolin this will help make even sweet potato circle slices.
2. Grease a 10 1/2 inch pie dish with olive oil or safflower oil. Layer your sweet potato slices along the bottom and sides of the dish. Be sure to lay them close together, when baking the sweet potato slices will shrink some. By layering them close together you will prevent any leakage when you add in your egg mixture.
3. Lightly brush your sweet potato crust with more oil and lightly season with sea salt and dried rosemary. Bake your “crust” in the oven at 350˚F for 20 minutes.
4. While the crust is baking, chop your peppers and onions and set aside. Next add the breakfast sausage seasoning to your ground chicken and mix to combine.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with a tsp of olive oil. Add peppers and onions and cook until translucent. Add in your chicken sausage and thoroughly cook all the way through. Once cooked set aside.
6. Make your egg mixture by whisking your 10 eggs and dairy free milk in a large bowl. Carefully twist two Just Thrive Probiotic capsules open and add the contents of the capsules to your egg mixture and whisk.
7. Once your crust has come out of the oven, it’s time to assemble the quiche.
8. Add the spinach to the sweet potato crust first. Weigh down the spinach with your sausage, peppers and onions mixture. Finally pour in your egg mixture on top.
9. Bake in a 375˚F oven for 30-40 minutes or until the center has set.10. Allow your quiche to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Directions for the Mom-Mosas:
1. Fill desired glasses half way with all natural orange juice.
2. Top the rest of your glass off with your favorite sparkling mineral water.
3. Carefully twist open one Just Thrive Probiotic capsule and add into your individual drink (one capsule per mom-mosa).
4. Carefully stir to mix.
Your Best Summer Body Starts IN Your Gut