We’re Proud To Announce…
Just Thrive has been recognized as an official partner of the American Nutrition Association® (ANA®).
What Is The ANA?
The ANA is a 501c3 charitable non-profit organization that champions “personalized nutrition” to drive nutrition strategies that prevent, manage, and treat disease and optimize health.
Why This Is Such A Big Deal:
While there's a ton of organizations that attempt to educate people on the importance of healthy eating and healthy living, but very few are recognized as industry-leaders. The ANA is a true agent of change, helping to promote the crucial importance of nutrition. Like Just Thrive, the ANA was built to help people take control of their best health.
Poor Nutrition Is A Crisis:
- 70% of adults and 32% of children in the U.S. are obese or overweight
- 60% of adults and 27% of children in the U.S. suffer from chronic disease
- 7 of the 10 leading causes of death in the U.S. are chronic diseases
- Treating chronic disease accounts for 90% of the $3.3 trillion annual U.S. healthcare costs.
Poor nutrition is the leading cause of chronic disease and obesity: it is responsible for more deaths in the U.S. than tobacco, inactivity, or any other risk factor.
The meaning of “poor nutrition” has shifted radically in recent decades. Rather than lack of food, poor nutrition now largely means overconsumption of high-calorie, low-nutrient, body-disrupting foods that spur chronic disease and obesity.
Yet nutrition is vastly underutilized in our health system and culture, compared to its impact:
- While 94% of resident physicians believe it is a doctor’s obligation to discuss nutrition with patients, only 14% feel that doctors are equipped to do so
- While increasingly recognizing its importance, Americans have scant actual understanding of nutrition: only 30% can link top health issues to specific nutritional inputs, and only 40% are familiar with basic nutrition recommendations
- Those populations at highest risk for poor nutrition are least likely to seek preventive services or heed the advice of health professionals
How The ANA Is Helping To Change The World
Nutrition holds the greatest potential to solve our society’s crisis.
So why is there such a profound gap between nutrition’s potential and its actual use?
1. Most health professionals are untrained in nutrition science and practice.
The ANA EDUCATES and CERTIFIES health professionals in nutrition science and practice.
2. The public has limited access to science-based, unbiased nutrition information.
The ANA EDUCATES the public in science-based, unbiased nutrition, both directly and through the professionals they train.
3. Public policy radically under-prioritizes nutrition.
The ANA ADVOCATES for state and federal policy that expands public access to nutrition practitioners and insurance reimbursement.
4. Nutrition stakeholders and efforts have been disconnected.
The ANA CONNECTS an ecosystem of universities, policymakers, health professions, the food movement, aligned corporations, and public advocates.
5. One-size-fits-all nutrition guidelines do not address the unique needs of each individual.
The ANA champions the science and practice of personalized nutrition, using data and technology to amplify nutrition’s effectiveness.
6. Biased information has been spread to health professionals and the public.
The ANA has a rigorous corporate relationship policy, only accepting funding from companies aligned with the ANA Vision, Mission and Values.
The Official Press Release
CHICAGO, IL., May 3, 2022 2022 – Just Thrive is proud to announce their partnership with the American Nutrition Association® (ANA®) as an “American Nutrition Association Health Partner ℠”.
The American Nutrition Association and Just Thrive share the common goal of a healthy society powered by Nutrition. Just Thrive lives this goal every day by providing clinically proven, effective products that are missing and needed in the marketplace. This partnership is a perfect demonstration of Just Thrive’s commitment to support and uplift the industry.
The ANA’s rigorous standards make it the nation’s most trusted authority on nutrition. As the gold-standard for the unbiased science and practice of Personalized Nutrition, the American Nutrition Association is the professional home to thousands of nutrition professionals including physicians, Certified Nutrition Specialists®, and many other licensed healthcare + nutrition professionals.
“Just Thrive as an American Nutrition Association Health Partner reinforces their leadership in the industry as an organization that aligns with the ANA vision of a healthy society, powered by nutrition” said Michael Stroka, CEO of the American Nutrition Association.
“The work we do at the ANA to address chronic disease through the unbiased science and practice of Personalized Nutrition is possible because of the support and dedication of stakeholders such as our American Nutrition Association Health Partners.” said Stroka.
As a non-profit, the ANA educates, certifies, advocates and connects to fulfill its mission to champion the science and practice of Personalized Nutrition. The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists (BCNS) is the certifying arm of the ANA. The Accreditation Council for Nutrition Professional Education (ACNPE) is the accrediting body for graduate clinical university programs in nutrition. Visit theANA.org.