Only $99.00 away from free shipping!
Pumpkin Chia Parfaits with Caramelized Apples
These would be great (and super easy!) to serve up at any of your get-togethers, and are super simple to throw together too, for the win!
BONUS with these babies: you’re getting a gut health boost from the chia seeds which can help with bulking up the stool (yep, poop!) but we’re also throwing some of the Just Thrive Probiotics in there, which help beneficial bacteria in your gut thrive! You guys know if you’ve been following along with the podcast this month that I’ve been working with Just Thrive, which is is the first spore-based probiotic and antioxidant supplement available on the retail market that arrives 100% alive to your intestines. If you read (or listened to!) the probiotics post/podcast from a few weeks ago, you now know all about spore vs. soil vs. raw-based probiotics, and Just Thrive has some amazing research behind their spore-based formulation! I wanted to give you a fun recipe that you can use their products in. And what better way to do that than with a pumpkin-style recipe for fall?
- 1 cup almond-coconut milk blend (or your choice of milk)
- ⅔c canned pumpkin
- ¼c chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Just Thrive Probiotic capsules
- 1 apple, chopped into small pieces
- ¼c coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- First, make the pudding. Open the probiotic capsules and pour them over the almond milk. Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized glass bowl and stir until the pumpkin and spices are all mixed in. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Next, make the caramelized apples. Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in a skillet over medium heat and add the apples and walnuts. Sprinkle on the ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice, and if desired, add a small pinch of coconut sugar.
- Switch the heat to medium-low and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until the apples begin to break down and brown (but don't get mushy!)
- Allow the apples to cool while you assemble the parfaits. Start with a layer of the chia pudding, then add the whipped cream, then the apples and walnuts. If you like, you can do a second three layers too! Oh you fancy, huh.