Have you been doing everything you can to feel well, but are still frustrated by your lack of results?
Regardless of what modality you implement – healthy diet, exercise, mindset, relaxation techniques – does nothing seem to offer relief?
Perhaps you feel:
Maybe even all of the above!
And, more concerningly, does it seem like you’re unable to get any traction in feeling better?
If so, the source of your woes may lie somewhere unexpected...
In your gut!
Between 70-80% of your immune response resides in your gut, so it stands to reason that an unhealthy gut can translate to an unhealthy you.
One of the main physiological signs that something’s intestinally amiss occurs when the delicate lining of your gut gets compromised – A condition known as Leaky Gut.
Leaky Gut is the root cause of dozens of health problems and stubborn symptoms… Even ones that seem completely unrelated!
The key to feeling better – and finally getting some positive wellness momentum – starts with supporting your gut and patching up the leaks.
What Is Leaky Gut Anyway?
Your gut is lined with a protective barrier that lets only friendly substances into your bloodstream… And keeps unwanted substances out! This feature is called selective permeability.
The gut barrier is made up of cells that form tight junctions (like interlocking fingers). And those cells get extra protection from a thick layer of mucus (the mucosal layer) that shields them against attackers.
When everything is working the right way, the gut barrier allows bloodstream access to only a select few beneficial particles. That’s how nutrients pass through your gut and into your bloodstream.
But sometimes troublemakers – like infections or certain medications – chip away at the mucus shield and bust those tight junctions wide open… poking micro tears in the barrier, which results in the gut “leak.”
And when you have a leaky gut, unwanted substances like pathogens, toxins, and undigested food particles can sneak through into the bloodstream… where they absolutely don’t belong. Once those particles enter your circulation, they can cause all sorts of damage anywhere in your body.
What Makes Your Gut Leak?
The world we live in is full of threats to the gut barrier. That’s why millions of people struggle with leaky gut… even if they don’t realize it!
Some of these threats we can try to avoid. Others (like environmental toxins) are nearly impossible to escape completely. All of them can take a toll on your gut barrier, and trigger a leaky gut.
Threats to your gut barrier include:
- pesticides, like glyphosate
- 24/7 stress
- inflammatory foods (such as gluten and dairy)
- high sugar diets
- gut infections (including food poisoning and candida overgrowth)
- dysbiosis (when bad bacteria in your gut outnumber beneficial bacteria)
- medications (like antibiotics and NSAIDs)
- intestinal parasites (more common that you’d think)
- heavy metals
- BPA and other chemicals found in plastics
Unfortunately, this is just a partial listing of the many things that can harm your gut barrier… and leave you suffering with leaky gut.
How Leaky Gut Causes Whole-Body Problems
It’s hard to believe that a leaky gut can slow down your brain… stoke up hay fever… or make your joints painful and swollen…
But it’s true.
Once harmful particles escape through the leaky gut barrier and into your bloodstream, they can travel anywhere in your body to cause problems. Your immune system spots these troublemakers and goes on the attack. That immune response – which almost always involves inflammation – can cause a wide variety of symptoms.
In fact, a leaky gut can make your immune system so confused that it starts attacking you by accident. That’s why virtually all autoimmune diseases involve a leaky gut.
Any of These Confusing Symptoms Could Point to Leaky Gut
With you have leaky gut, you could encounter a number of symptoms that seem completely unrelated. And while they all start in your gut… they don’t stop there.
Here are 10 signs that could indicate you’re dealing with a leaky gut:
- Gastrointestinal (GI) issues, including bloating, gas, diarrhea, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Any autoimmune disease, including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease, and psoriasis
- Allergies and asthma (
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, remembering, and learning
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs), such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Blood sugar issues, including type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Eczema, and other skin conditions
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Obesity and difficulty losing weight
Your health advisor may have given you a few different diagnoses, and you may even be receiving treatment. But until the underlying problem – the leaky gut – gets fixed, true healing will always be just out of arm’s reach.
How to Leak-Proof Your Gut
With a healthy and intact gut barrier, toxins, pathogens, and other harmful substances will remain locked inside your gut where they belong. Keeping your gut barrier healthy involves:
- Avoiding damaging substances – like gluten, pesticides, and NSAIDs – as much as you can
- Eating a healthy, GMO-free, whole foods diet
- Addressing gut infections (if you have one)
- Supporting your protective mucosal layer
- Keeping your gut junctions tight
- Maintaining a well-balanced gut microbiome where beneficial (probiotic) bacteria outnumber harmful (pathogenic) bacteria
When it comes to supporting your gut microbiome, high quality, spore probiotics are one of your strongest allies. In addition to crowding out harmful bacteria, spore probiotics help other beneficial bacteria flourish for a healthy well-balanced gut microbiome.
Plus, a groundbreaking human clinical trial found that a blend of 4 specific strains of spore probiotics significantly reduced leaky gut – and all of the associated immune activation – in just 30 days. Those spore probiotics include:
- Bacillus clausii, the only strain of probiotic known to resist damage from a variety of common antibiotics (a frequent cause of leaky gut)
- Bacillus subtilis HU58, which produces at least 12 defensive compounds that go after harmful bacteria so they can’t attack the gut barrier
- Bacillus indicus HU36, which produces potent, highly bioavailable antioxidants in your gut tract that help stop toxic by-products from damaging the cells in your gut barrier
- Bacillus coagulans, a well-known gut defender that helps reduce uncomfortable GI issues like gas and bloating
In addition to spore probiotics, total gut support includes encouraging the health and protection of your mucosal layer.
Your body naturally supports your mucosal lining via specific amino acids such as L-proline, L-serine, L-cysteine, and L-tyrosine to produce mucus. In conjunction, your body also counts on immunoglobulins (antibodies) to control a healthy inflammatory response and subdue mucus-destroying toxins.
That said, due to the number of environmental stressors we all encounter everyday (like the list above), your gut barrier needs all the support you can get!
Support Your Gut Barrier with Just Thrive
Keeping your gut barrier in top shape will help you feel your best every day.
You can give your gut barrier extra support with Just Thrive Probiotic, a spore probiotic formula that contains:
- Bacillus clausii
- Bacillus subtilis HU58
- Bacillus indicus HU36
- Bacillus coagulans